Been a while since I blogged, so it's about time I got on here and shared what's been happening.
Three weeks ago I finally got off my rather big behind and joined Gold's Gym. What a good decision that was on my part. I've been overweight for far too long. I refuse to label myself with the term obese, though the doc would. I am finally taking control of my life and doing something for ME, that is good for ME, and will benefit ME. Yes, it's all about ME. I have found I LOVE going to the gym. I look forward to it every day, look forward to seeing how many miles I get pedal my ass on the bike, how many reps I can do with the weights, how far I can walk on the treadmill. I have a great gym partner, Tam. Kendra is really kind of hit and miss with working out, but Tam goes most every day with me. I like to get to the gym 30-45 minutes before them so I can get a good 30 minutes of fat burning program biking in before they get there. Then I do the round of weights, then jump back on the bike or treadmill for the cardio program.
I haven't weighed to see if I've lost, I actually won't weight until I see my doc again in June. I feel a difference already in the fit of my clothes, and that makes me happy. Also my mom told me my face is looking thinner, so that's a big plus. I woud like to get back to having only one chin, not multiple...LOL. I am feeling stronger and better day by day, my endurance is increasing, and I am sleeping so much better at night. I am eating healthier as well, I even wanted some fish last night, though I am not a big fish eater. I got some protein powder to make shakes, it is carmel latte flavored, tastes like a nice chilled coffee, which I like. I drink a shake in the morning for breakfast, and drink another shake after I workout. I don't want to bulk up, but the protein is good for lean muscle mass.
My ultimate goal is to get off some of the medication I take. I hope to be able to stop taking blood pressure meds, and the metformin for the insulin resistance. I've already stopped taking the sleeping pill since I am sleeping so good at night. I would eventually like to wean myself off the estrogen pill I've been taking since my hysterectomy. I'm not out to impress anyone with my lifestyle change and the good things that will come with it, such as the weight loss, I am doing this all for ME.
I have a great support system, outside the home. Though Chuck has only made one negative comment about the money spent for the gym membership, he hasn't said anything else, a little positive support from him would be nice. However I won't hold my breath for that, he just isn't built that way, to pay compliments, he's retarded that way.
I know I can do this, and will do this. I want to be able to surprise my doctor in June with weight loss. My initial goal was 20 lb, but I really think I can do 30. I will be happy, however, with whatever I lose. In the end, what matters is I am making positive healthy changes in my life.....and that's the best thing of all.
good for you! the whole process of losing weight sucks! for me its all about denial lol and putting somethimg better in my mouth and i hate that lol i want the bad stuff but i have to do the changing and it sucks lol but is worth it in the end! good luck on your goal!
ReplyDelete