Monday, January 31, 2011

I've been a slug......

I went and saw my endocrinologist today, Dr.  Vance.  He is the nicest man, never gives me shit about not losing weight, always gives me a positive comment for maintaining.  Today I told him I've been a slug, seriously.  I have been a slug.  I know what I should be doing for myself, what I should be doing for my health and life, but I have been a slug.  Working, then sitting in my recliner, not accomplishing a damn thing, except for playing a shit load of Solitaire.  We talked about portion control, he told me I should eat on a small plate, even if I have to go back for seconds, he said it would "trick" the brain into sending out the signal I am full.  He talked to me about going back on the Byetta.  I told him I would do so.  He also told me to keep a food journal, for 7-10 days, to see what I am eating and how much.  He said this would help me to realize my habits and learn to control them. 

I told him I know what I should be doing, but up to this point I guess I just have not cared enough about myself to take care of Me.  I am so tired of being fat, having no energy, not feeling good, sitting around doing nothing.  Kendra and Tam joined Gold's Gym.  Tam has a hard time getting Kendra to go with her.  I talked to Tam and she is in desperate need of a gym partner and asked me to please join and go with her.  So, I took the first step....I called Gold's Gym today.  I made contact via email a few weeks ago, received a return call from Jody.  I never called her back.  Today, after seeing my doc and having lunch with my BFF and talking to her, I decided to call Jody back on my way home.  Unfortunately Jody was not in today, however I left my name and number and was told she would call me when she is in tomorrow.  I am going to do something for me and join the gym.  I am going to start going with Tam.  I want to do water aerobics which will be low impact on my fat body and stressed joints.  As I lose some weight and tone up, I want to start doing Zumba.  I will do weights as well.  When I was going to the gym before I loved...LOVED....lifting weights. 

I am excited by the prospect of taking care of me for a change. I know it will not be easy, taking care of me has taken a backseat for so many years it is going to be a huge shock to my system, however it is time, past time.  I am 41 years old, I think I have worked hard enough through the years taking care of others, it will be okay to focus on myself.  I deserve doing something strictly for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment