Monday, January 3, 2011

A New Year, a New Beginning?

Wow a new year, 2011, a time when people make resolutions, most of them not kept, a time to start over, try new things, etc and so on. To me, it's another year, will it be any different from prior years? Hard to say. I know I have things I would like to work on, Lord knows I have so many things I need to work on. The question is, will I get anything done besides live the dream and work my ass off? I am 41 years old, overweight, overworked, tired all the time, and very seldom do anyt hing fun. I would love to join the gym and start by going to water aerobics. My two nieces are members of Gold's Gym and said they would be my workout buddies. I also have a dear friend Janae who goes to the gym religiously and said she would be my workout buddy. So here I have three people who would be my workout buddies, pushing some, someone I am accountable to so I don't do the old "I don't feel like going to the gym today" routine. So why am I sititng here, three days into the New Year and I haven't gone to the gym to check on a membership? Laziness, and finances. Finances being the BIG THING. I am working on a very tight budget, very tight, but I think I could swing the monthly membership fee, would just have to cut something out of the budget I really don't need. My health is very important so getting a gym membership and using it should be of the utmost importance....right?!

My doctor would be so happy if I would get my butt to the gym and lose weight. I know if I started exercising and losing some weight I could go off my high blood pressure medications, as it really isn't that high. What else could I go off of, potentially the metformin for my insulin resistence. I would have increased energy, feel better about myself, and would physically feel so much better. I could finally wear those clothes that are hanging in my closet I haven't been able to wear. Come Summer I would feel more like going outside and working in the yard, taking Rusty for a walk (who needs to lose a few pounds himself).

Ok, I've talked myself into it, I will check on a gym membership....tomorrow....it's just too damn cold to go outside today.

1 comment:

  1. Omgoodness... this is SO my line...
    ((it's just too damn cold to go outside today.))

    ReplyDelete