Monday, January 24, 2011

Fantastic weekend

Had a great weekend, well I should say I had a great Saturday!  Made the drive to Idaho Falls to have some friend time, which I needed something fierce.  Between recovering from my surgery, the busy holiday season, and my general lack of interest in anything, I have not had any friend time for months.  I have felt in a way dehydrated, not getting enough time with my friends.  So, I made plans to travel to Idaho Falls to meet up with Chaz and Rodney for lunch at Carino's.  Rodney brought their friend Kathy along with him.  What a nice lady Kathy is.  She recenty lost her husband, she is obviously devastated as he was her best friend, but she is trying to see the good in things and knows he is still around keeping an eye on her.  I really enjoyed meeting her, a sweet and loving woman.  I've made a new friend. 

After Carino's Kathy headed home to do errands and take care of business.  Chaz, Rod and I decided to bum around for a while.  We went to PetSmart to see if they had any dogs.  Rodney is throwing the idea around of getting a pet as he lives alone.  PetSmart only had cats up for adoption, no dogs.  From there we wandered over to Petco, then decided to go see a movie so off to the theater we went.  The movie we wanted to see wasn't starting for another hour and 45 minutes, so we bought our tickets and headed out to kill time.  We ended up at Cocoa Bean, where they make the most amazing cupcakes.  Im sure I ate my week's allotment of calories in the one cupcake I had, but it was so good.  Rodney had Better That Whatever cupcake, Chaz had German Chocolate, and I had Red Devil.  Very tasty.  So we left there, went and got something to drink, then headed to Best Buy so Chazzie could check out the TVs.  Killed some time there, then we went to CD World.  I was looking to get the new Shinedown CD,  but no one had it.  Then we decided to head to Bed, Bath and Beyond.  I ended up getting a new shower massager there.  We then went and saw Little Fockers.....very cute movie, laughed a lot, just the sort of pick me up I needed. 

We then congrated at Chazzie's house to play cards.  Melanie came over and we played Skipbo, told stores, laughed good and hard, and had a great time.  My spirits were definitely lifted!  I need to stop letting so much time pass before spending time with my friends again.  It was a good "me" day, something I don't do often. 

I ate shit on the ice Saturday, not real bad, slipped, landed on my right knee (yep, my bad one) and jarred my back.  Sunday not such a good day, woke up stiff and sore.  I had taken a muscle relaxer before going to bed at 3 a.m., and incidentally slept until 12:30 ~ LAZY!  I got up, asked Chuck to install the new massager for me, I got the response I expected which was no because he was watching an NFC championship football game.  Well God forbid you miss 5-10 minutes of a 4 hour game!  So I installed it myself, which I knew I was perfectly capable of doing, but tried to get him off his butt for a few minutes.   So, instant PISSY mood for me.  I get so irritated when he does shit like that.  Anyway, I installed my shower massager, took a shower and tried out all the settings.  Ooooo is it nice.  The strong pulsating stream felt so good on my lower back where it was aching.  After my shower I did dishes from the day before which Chuck used and didn't watch.  Got further irritated and decided screw this, I am so not cooking for him.  I got Rusty and he and I went for a ride.  Now my boy loves to ride in the car and bark at dogs and horses as we pass them.  Being out with my boy, seeing him be so funny with the dogs and horses, lifted my spirits some.  How can you not be happy with someone who loves you unconditionally! 

While on our drive, I decided I was hungry and wanted a taco salad from Mama Inez'.  However they are closed on Sunday, much to my surprise, so I headed on back home and made them there.  So, I did cook for Chuck, in a way, but only because I was cooking for me.  He's not a stupid man, he knew I was irritated with him so he kept his mouth shut and gave me my space.  Upon returning back home I took a muscle relaxer for my back, so after we ate and I did dishes, I relaxed in my recliner, plugged in my ear phones and listened to some good music and played solitaire on my computer. 

Didn't do much the rest of the day/evening.  I got a hit hungry around 8:30 so made myself some toast, had some applesauce, took my medications and went to bed. 

I am still retaining my good feelings from Saturday and have moved past my irritation with Chuck, I will not let that negativity ruin my week and strip away the happiness from Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. I loved the Saturday that you spent with us. It was a long time in the making and we definitely cannot wait that long ever again. I am so glad you had fun, even with Hot Rod and I bickering. We haven't done that in a long time, so I guess it was in the making. hahaha. We are totally like brother and sister! And I love having him around. What I love even more is having my BFF around and playing and smiling and having fun. You deserve to be happy and healthy and prosperous. I love you more than you will ever know. I am so blessed that Dave and Suz introduced us and we are now BFF's. I am truly amazed by your beauty and love and compassion. You are a wonderful example to me. Love ya Muffy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh Chazzy you humble me in your compliments. I had an amazing time and we definitely will not let so much time pass again before we spend time together. You and Rod bickering was funny, did remind me of siblings. I am forever grateful Dave and Suz introduced us, God meant for us to be friends. I have never allowed someone to get so close to me so soon...you are my BFF forever and always. I Love You Slick!

    ReplyDelete